The Newburyport Public Library has a number of meeting spaces available for public use.
Due to public health concerns, meeting spaces are currently unavailable for public use. Please check back for updates or contact a staff member for details. Current library use guidelines are available here.
- Please read the Library Meeting Room Policy carefully for detailed space usage guidelines.
- All Library spaces are enabled with Wi-Fi.
Study Rooms & Conference Room
The Library has two Study Rooms on the second floor, and a Conference Room on the third floor.
- Rooms are available on a walk-in basis only.
- All first-come, first-served rooms require sign-in/sign-out with 2nd Floor Information Desk Staff Prior to access.
- Limit of one (1) two–hour block of time per day.
- Study Rooms limit (3) people; Conference room limit (8) people.
- At least one person must continuously occupy study/conference room during use.
- Rooms contain table and chairs and 3’x4’ white board. Dry erase materials are available at the Information Desk.
The Library has a Large Meeting Room (limit 85 people) and a Small Meeting Room (limit 20 people) available for meetings. Parties wishing to use these spaces must complete an application form and comply with the Meeting Room Policy.
Please carefully review the Meeting Room Policy prior to contacting the library regarding use of these spaces. Arrangements can then be made by contacting the Library Secretary at 978–465–4428 x221.
- Equipment setup and modification are restricted to library staff only.
- Special setup and equipment needs must be communicated in advance when applying for use.
- Request advance technology setup assistance by appointment: 978 465-4428 x224.
Audio–visual equipment (Large Meeting Room only):
- Ceiling-mount speakers and sound system
- Retractable ceiling-mount large scale movie/projection screen
- Hardwired ceiling-mount projector
- Handheld, lapel, and headset microphone
- HDMI/VGA wall connections
- Blu-Ray/DVD player