The Friends of the Newburyport Public Library have provided the library with memberships to a number of local and Boston area museums. Museum Passes are available to all MVLC library card holders.
some museums have special visitation guidelines in place. Visit the museum website prior to making a library pass reservation for details. Proper usage of museum pass is the sole responsibility of the borrower. With the exception of digital e-passes, all museum passes must be picked up inside the library.
Reserve A Pass Online
Can’t visit or museum is closed? Visit museum website links below for virtual tours and enhanced content!
- Museum passes are available by advance reservation and can be booked online or by phone.
- Museum passes can be reserved up to 30 days in advance, and are provided free to anyone who holds a valid MVLC library card with no outstanding fees or fines.
- One pass per day per family may be reserved in advance. A limit of three passes per month per family may be reserved.
- Passes can be picked up from the library up to seven days prior to use (exception Mass State Parks pass, to be picked up the business day prior to your visit). Passes must be picked up no later than 10:00 a.m. on the day reserved. Note: Some passes require up to 48-hour advance reservation and registration on the museum site prior to use.
- If you need to cancel or change a reservation, please use the "view or cancel reservations" link above or call the Library. Unused reservations prevent use by other patrons and may result in loss of pass privileges.
- Please return passes as appropriate to the Newburyport Public Library ONLY (do not return to other MVLC libraries). Passes should be returned by 10:00 a.m. the day following to the book drop located outside the Library's main entrance. Please do not return passes to the Market Basket book drop.
- There is a $5.00 per day late fee for passes not returned on time and a $25.00 replacement fee for lost passes.
Call 978-465-4428 for more information or to reserve a pass.