The Newburyport Public Library has a number of meeting spaces available for public use.
Please consult Library staff for detailed space usage guidelines: 978 465-4428 x242
Study Rooms & Conference Room
The Library has two Study Rooms and a Conference Room on the third floor.
- Limit (2) hours total use per day.
- Appointments can be scheduled up to (48) hours in advance. Call (978) 465-4428 x242 or reserve online.
- Walk-ins permitted but 2-hour allotment is not guaranteed. See a librarian for alternative meeting spaces.
- Rooms require check-in with 2nd Floor Information Desk Staff prior to access.
- Study Rooms: 1-3 persons.
- Conference Room: 1-5 persons.
- Limit one block of time per day. Use by two or more people constitutes room use that day for each person.
- Covered drinks permitted, no food.
- At least one person must continuously occupy room during use. Children must be supervised at all times by a responsible adult.
- Rooms contain a table, chairs and 3’x4’ white board. Dry erase materials are available at the Information Desk.
The Library has an open co-working space on the third floor with small tables and individual cubicles.
- No reservation required.
- No time limit.
- Cell phone use and collaborative conversation permitted.
- Covered drinks allowed, no food.
The Library has a room (limit 70 people) available for meetings. This space is currently reserved for library programming.
- 6-foot folding tables
- 70 chairs
- Ceiling-mount speakers and sound system
- Retractable ceiling-mount large scale projection screen
- Hardwired ceiling-mount projector
- Handheld, lapel, and headset microphone
- HDMI/VGA wall connections
- Blu-Ray/DVD player
Different library areas have their own benefits and limitations for individual or group work and study. Please ask a staff person to find what best suits your needs.