The Friends of the Newburyport Public Library have provided the library with memberships to a number of local and Boston area museums. Museum passes are available to all MVLC library card holders.
- Museum passes are provided free of charge to any MVLC cardholder in good standing
- Passes may be reserved up to 30 days in advance online, by phone or in-person
- There is only one library pass available from each of the museums per day
- Limit of 1 pass per cardholder a day and 3 passes per cardholder each month
- Coupon passes may be picked up a week prior to use, physical passes no earlier than 24 hours prior to visit
- Passes should be picked up by 10:00 am on day reserved
- Coupon passes do not need to be returned
- Many library passes are digital and will be emailed to the cardholder. Please click on the red button “Access Pass” to find a PDF of your reservation. You may print out the pass, or display it on a mobile device at museum admissions. If purchasing tickets ahead of time through the museum website the pass will include a code to be applied for the discount at checkout.
- Most museum pass discounts apply to general admission only and are not valid for special exhibits and/or shows.
- Physical passes must be returned by 10:00 am the morning after use, either to the circulation desk or the library book drop (please DO NOT return passes to the Market Basket book drop)
- There is a $5/day late fee for physical passes not returned on time and a $25 replacement fee if lost.
- Reservations may be changed or cancelled by calling the library. Unused reservations prevent use by other patrons.
- Some museums have special visitation guidelines. Visit the museum website prior to making a library pass reservation for details. Note: Some passes require up to 48-hour advance reservation and registration on the museum site prior to use.
- Proper usage of museum pass is the sole responsibility of the borrower.
- Misuse of the library’s museum pass program may result in loss of pass privileges.